Here’s a delicious alternative to cow’s milk that you can make yourself in minutes….coconut milk!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 box of creamed coconut (7oz/200g) or 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4-5 cups warm water
- Optional sweetener (honey, maple syrup, Medjool date, vanilla)
- Nut milk bag (or large fine sieve + cheesecloth)
Here’s What You Do:
- Place coconut into a food processor. If you’re using large pieces of shredded coconut, process for a few minutes until coconut is in small pieces (like snowflakes!).
- Add water. You may only be able to add 2-3 cups at once, depending on the size of your processor. Process for a few minutes.
- Do a taste test at this point – personally I find the milk is sweet enough just as it is, but you could add honey or other sweetener to your liking. Blend it in if desired.
- Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag or sieve, into a bowl. This should catch all the gritty bits. If you’re using a nut milk bag, use your hands to squeeze out the liquid. A cheesecloth works for this, too.
- If you only added 2-3 cups of water, return the coconut bits to the processor and repeat the process again with another cup or two of water. It’s up to you how many cups of water you want to use, depending on how much of a strong coconut flavour you want.
- Store in a jar in your fridge. It should keep for maybe a week – but for me it never lasts more than a few days because it’s so delicious!
This is super easy and takes about 10 minutes (or less). Enjoy!
Disclosure: Some of the links throughout AlexJamesWellness.com are affiliate links. If you make a purchase via one of these affiliate links, I receive a small commission. Please note I only ever recommend products and services that I personally love, and the price remains the same to you whether you purchase via my link or not. Thank you for your support!